Sunday, June 05, 2005

All in a week's work

A huge 'hum-saath-saath-hain' type family gathering, hajjar pujas, smoke all over my hair and eyes, 4 saree changes in 1.5 days (all worn 100% by me with no external help. Now thats something!), acting a coy not-so-newly-wed, indulgent socializing, nice yummy avial-type food, acting host for dinner to 25 guests spanning 2 days with strict CTQ's like no onion, garlic, rice or hotel prepared food, getting few praises on my culinary abilities, terribly terribly busy 12-14 hour work schedules, teleconferences with UK, France, China and US simultaneously while stirring paav-bhaji in the kitchen, lots and lots of driving through impossible roads and a bad stomach and fever and anti-biotics through the weekend..

This pretty much sums up my last week..:)

4 Comments:

At 07 June, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor you ..take care is all I can say .

 
At 07 June, 2005, Blogger RT said...

~sims: Yup.. Me doing ok now but work is still bad..Wanna take a break and go home..!.:(

 
At 08 June, 2005, Blogger Pink said...

Wow! You're the new age Indian woman alright! Stirring pav bhaji and tele-conferencing at the same time...I love that!! :)

 
At 09 June, 2005, Blogger RT said...

~lavi: haha! Actually I hadnt thought of it that way.. All, I was thinking at that time was the hot, sweaty kitchen, my inability to keep up with the french-accented english, and anxiety about food not being ready before the guests arrived..
Thanks for the new perspective all the same.. Makes me heady going through the "Aaj-ki-Naari" thing..:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home