Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My travel diary - Part II

Been a rather dreary last week with work, work and more work. No time to marvel at the lovely petunias and germaniums growing wild in the pavements and dividers of the motorway, no time to watch cute old couples walking around holding each others hands and looking at each others’ eyes, no time to watch cute little blonde girls with pink cheeks, wearing pink clothes and pink shoes, no time to look at the young college going kids displaying their cleavage in the front as well as the rear..;-)

No time to crib about the shops that believed in shutting down by 5:30 in the evening, no time to notice the most sexiest cars of the world zipping past, no time to notice how friendly and nice some people can be – especially the old people, no time to think that there is so much left to shop for near and dear, no time to see what’s latest with Katrina’s and the epidemics of the world, no time to notice the English stiff-upper-lip sloshed in alcoholic stupor in the weekend, no time to notice how globalized the country is, no time to gape in awe at the amount of potatoes people consumed in this country, no time to notice how uninhibited the lovers are in this country with their display of err.. affection..:-)

Anyway, I guess one gets the gist now about how busy in life I was. But anyways, I also had my share of fun covering Lake District, New Castle, Yorkshire and Wales over the last two weekends and also managed to do some driving in this country. Driving an SUV does give you such an intoxicated kick. It’s one of my dreams to own one some time in life. Also managed to see Llandudno in Wales where Lewis Carroll wrote Alice in Wonderland.

But at the end of it all, I miss home, I miss its people, I miss the hustle and bustle and the frenzied lifestyle, I miss the traffic jams and honks, I miss the hot pepper rasam and rice on a cold winter morning, I miss the fact that room-mates in India were far more sweeter and easy-going, I miss the splurging and enjoying what I buy, I miss the Hindi serials, I miss the Hindi movies, I miss waking up late on a Saturday morning, I miss my predictable mundane lifestyle, I MISS my old life and I just cant wait to get back.

Hopefully by end of the week! The image there is that of Lake Keswick, one of the lakes in Lake district.

6 Comments:

At 08 September, 2005, Blogger Pink said...

I haven't been to lake district.. I've heard it's beautiful.

You'll be back soon!

 
At 08 September, 2005, Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

wow!Llandudno - now thatz one place I missed visiting

u seemed to have had a great time and before u start missing home even more
hopefully u'd b back.

 
At 09 September, 2005, Blogger Rat said...

And we missed you blogging !!!

 
At 10 September, 2005, Blogger Chatter Box said...

We could have a competition called - Count the number of misses and win a miss!:-d
And btw i did not have the time to read what you actually did not have the time to write about!:-d

 
At 15 September, 2005, Blogger RT said...

~lavi: Its the best trip in UK for me. You have to see it.

~swathi: Yes. I was starting to miss home actually. Glad to be back before the homesickness got worse..:)

~rat: Yeah.. And I missed not able to blog and read blogs. Hope to get more regular now.

~pensive: hehe..! that was the idea..:)
And you dont really wanna win a "miss", do you?..:p

 
At 20 September, 2005, Blogger Shivangi Misra said...

What are you working as? And where? This Uk trip sounds like a damn good reason to consider switching jobs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home