Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Bad and good hair days...

Oh.. My work life sucks! I know its just been a week here. But there has to be something more meaningful to do than just stare at a machine all day, pretending to be working when there is no work at all. I am either found playing sudoku or solving crossword or reading blogs with a wary lookout for anyone walking past my desk and catching me doing any of the said activities. I am tired of checking emails every 5 minutes and I am tired of writing emails too (not that I have written too many lately, simply out of boredom).

This place, like any other city in the south, wakes rather early. Folks start pouring in to work at 8AM beating the famous Bangalore traffic. I don’t even want to know what time they leave from their homes. 8AM - Outrageous! That’s the time I am usually sleeping or debating whether I should snooze my alarm time by another half hour. And this would continue until the maid deftly rang the bell at about 9AM or so. Early morning was a forgotten, dark past during school and the memories only bring back ghastly images of my bro and I, waiting for the school-bus at 6:00AM on a chilly Delhi morning amidst all that smog in layers of sweaters and blazer. And here, the maid promptly rings the bell at 6:30AM. I am roused from a nice, warm, cozy bed into a cold morning with chilly breeze hitting my face when I open the door for her. Its different that I try to sleep until 8-830 after the maid leaves. But it’s not the same. Early morning sleep is such an essentiality of life. Now, I am forever sleepy and cranky and crash by 11PM.

I used to go to work whenever I felt like it - Thanks to flexi timings. But more often than not, I used to get to work by 10:30-11AM and I used to work until 8:30-9 on a lean day and well into midnight on a fire-day. And here, I see headless desks by 5PM. I have adopted the most effective work schedule for now. I go to work by Mumbai timings and get back by the rule of this land. And on whining, to the boss about my unemployed state of affairs, he tells me to take it easy since I have just joined and stuff. I mean, hello...! I am not a newcomer here. If you don’t have work for me, then I’ll stay put and beautify my new home. And since, it’s an unsolicited situation; I don’t want you to cut my leave reserves either. I wish employers were listening..!!

Oh and I love my new look. Got a new hairdo at one of these hep looking salons yesterday to spruce up my mundane look and pamper my senses. At least, I have a new pet pursuit to divert my attention to. It’s short and uneven and unkempt but looks cool. The few people, that I know here and saw me yesterday, think it looks good and I am thrilled to bits. Talk about letting the hair loose literally and metaphorically..!!! :-)

4 Comments:

At 08 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awaiting snaps to see the new hair style... And now u thank me for commenting ;-)

 
At 08 December, 2005, Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

yaa even i wanna see ur new haircut, pics plz

 
At 09 December, 2005, Blogger RT said...

~sims: Oh, I am blessed, indeed. Someone thought it worthy to leave her footprints behind...! :p

~swathi: hmm.. will see if I can get around to getting some pics clicked...:)

 
At 03 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I remember you always had bad hair day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home