Thursday, September 15, 2005

Over the last few days...

I am back from UK and had a swell time. Was a memorable stay albeit lengthy hours at work, sleepless nights and even more hectic weekends. The most hated activity through the trip was shopping. I never had much of a penchant to shop even otherwise and racking my brains to come up with meaningful gifts for near-and-dears was turning out to be very wearisome and putting me into some sort of depression.

Long distance air travel can be very very tiring. One can’t get up and stretch when one wants to like in rail travel. The enormity of the flights and the number of people the airliner can seat can make you claustrophobic sometimes. The sight of matronly airhostesses and their curt demeanor can tire you some more.

I liked the jetlag part the best. One just had to mention the word at home to get pampered and saved off the guilt of lazing around. :-)

I land in Mumbai and the rains had to happen. I think I might have done something to displease the rain gods in my previous birth that they stalk after me so much wherever I go - Manchester or Andaman, Mumbai or Gujarat.

I like my unemployed status at work right now. Getting around to write long mails to people who have probably forgotten my existence and waking them from their reverie and finishing all my quota of blog reading.


And before I forget to mention, my day is made by this hot firang client from my ex-project. I have always heard about his Greek-god type looks from a lot of my colleagues and I have been dying to meet him ever since. Today, I gate crashed into this video conference just to have a glimpse of him and guess what, not only did I get a chance to see him, but I, also, got a few explicit words of praise and thanks for all the good work I had done in the past from him. I have been dazed ever since today. I guess I will have a good sleep tonight...:-)

6 Comments:

At 16 September, 2005, Blogger Chatter Box said...

Long mails?? When where?:-d Greek God ??Aaa all in the name of software export!!

 
At 16 September, 2005, Blogger Pink said...

Yaay! you're back! And we want details of Greek God please!

 
At 16 September, 2005, Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

so since u r back guess we'd see more of u (on blogdom)

ur Greek-God firang reminds me of someone (lemme reserve it for a blog)

 
At 16 September, 2005, Blogger Nimbus said...

You do fancy travel AND see drool-worthy Greek gods all in a single blog post, and YET .. no pictures?! Oh the blasphemy!

Hope you get to stay in a jetlag state for a while though. Not the actual jet-lag, but the lazing around, doing nothing, and sleeping whenever you please part ;)

 
At 17 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yupp I can see how jobless you are at work .. I had to check the mail ID twice to make sure the mail was from u ;-) U C I'm not used to getting more than a word or line from you in mails ;-)
anyways I hope u stay jobless at work for some more time :-)

 
At 22 September, 2005, Blogger RT said...

~pensive: Well, you are not my only friend you know..:p

~lavi: Details of Greek god..!! I heard yesterday that he's just gotten back from his honeymoon in Europe.. Gah..!
But I had my moments, at least...:)

~swathi: Yes.. Now more of me hopefully. And waiting for the post..:)

~megha: Fancy travel!! now thats blasphemy.. :)

~sims: Yay..!! Finally someone who noticed my good deeds..:)
Another mail coming ur way..!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home