Monday, March 06, 2006

Sounds of music

"Wow! That doesn't sound like violin, does it?" asks an observant husband while wife, on wheels, is waiting for the busy signal to turn green.

"Nope. Thats
morsing. Its a percussion instrument you play with your mouth." (doing some gestures so that he figures out)

"Ok. I got it. (A momentary pause) But I think I am getting better."

"Better at what?"

"I am proud of you to be identifying raagas and I am proud of myself to be identifying instruments."

"Hmm, instruments like?"

"Like violin and non-violin?"

10 Comments:

At 06 March, 2006, Blogger Kumari said...

:D He is indeed getting better :)

 
At 07 March, 2006, Blogger Chatter Box said...

?? Like what?

 
At 07 March, 2006, Blogger RT said...

~kumari: Yeah! He sure is..:-)

~pensive: Well, nothing deep, my dear. Just a mundane convo between a music-loving wife and trying-to-figure-out-music husband..:-)

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Ozzy said...

I am proud of Sri too! Way to go bud. Lets see Arts identify a "Roberts Waterfowl" from a "Howell's Exotic Waterfowl"
:-)

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Me, I'm pretty good at spotting organs.

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger RT said...

~oswaldalmeida: Well! With bird flu rampant in these parts, no 'fowls' are entertained..:p

~jay: Heh! I am pretty sure of that. ;-)

 
At 09 March, 2006, Blogger Primalsoup said...

The mind boggles at all the innuendos in this post! :D

 
At 13 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is called simplification!!! There are two types of instruments in the world of music:Violin and non-Violin. WoW !!! :)
I sympathise with Mr. Hubbie bcoz when I was in a car I could hardly hear the music….. (was that violin or non-violin? :-) )

 
At 14 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ehehe .. good one.

 
At 14 March, 2006, Blogger RT said...

~primalsoup: Heh! Touche!

~ML: Umm.. Well, that was a different type of music you faced then. And yes, if only life was so simple.. :)

~zombiee: Thanks! Life is sometimes like that..:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home