Saturday, August 12, 2006

When there is nothing worthwhile to say..

When you have had a tough month at work and too tired and bored to say anything insightful (ahem!), when there is nothing to blog about and no tags doing the rounds, post pictures. :-)

This is actually the picture of the living room of our apartment. It is spacious and roomy with lot of greenery around as one can see. Some good things about the city which I must not miss mentioning. :-)



The husband has splurged big time investing in expensive cameras and other paraphernalia to satisfy his birding and wildlife pursuits and I seem to have imbibed some skills at photography as well. Some excerpts of the same. These were just some weed-like plants growing all over the place and looked quite ugly in the surroundings. But I'd reckon, not here when clicked in macro mode.


Since this post is as worthless as it can get, I must mention that we got a new aquarium at home. And that is quite the high point in life at the moment. I am not quite the pet-loving kinds. Before one starts thinking about my anti-maneka-gandhi tendencies, I must make this clear that I do like pets and like play with them as long as the time spent is temporary and at someone else's place. I am still not particularly sure if I can get into such high maintenance activities - pets and babies alike. I think they demand too much of your attention and energy. But maybe this is just a start. And the sad part is out of the 5 pairs of fishes, two pairs are already dead. :(

I believe this is a new tank and fishes need to get acclimatized to the new surroundings and only the fittest survive. But its rather sad when one sees a couple of them floating on the top of the tank in the morning. Its fun to watch their antics though - that as long as you are away, they generally hang around swimming wistfully and aimlessly. But the moment you are near the tank, there is a flurry of activity with some aggressive swimming and diving and playing around, almost like a child's face brightening up at the sight of the mother in the circle of vision. Though all such acrobatics is to show happiness at the probable prospect of food in this case, its fun all the same. :-)

And as some folks have pointed out, I seem to be neglecting this space a bit too much. Hoping to do something about it soon.

*Waiting wistfully for some insight*

16 Comments:

At 18 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he ghar ka photo itna dark kyun hai ?? To hide all the dirt and dust :-) ( I still remember EC# 13 in Kailash ).. BTW its nice to see someone appreciating Bang finally :-)Me too had bought an aquarium for my daughter.. I have gold fish in my aquarium.. Couple of them died initially but now they seem to have adjusted :-)

 
At 19 August, 2006, Blogger Vijayeta said...

I envy you your spacious apartment. I hate Bombay :(
There! Said it, and now its out of the way...
Great pictures! The purple weed-like flower looks so cool in macro mode indeed :)
Pictures are always a great idea. And if there's no tag, create one. What the heck! There are no rules to creating/starting TAG's, are there?
;)

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger RT said...

~sims: Ghar ka photo dark nahi hai. Your monitor needs the brightness levels increased. :)
And hello! EC13 was not dirty!! Of course it lacked the high standards of EC15 where someone even maintained the cosmetics on the dressing table in one particular order. But it definitely was not dirty! :p
Anyway, I guess we figured the reason behind the high mortality rate of our fishes. We de-chlorinated the tank and put new set of fishes and they seem to be active as ever. :)

~vijayeta: Yeah! I must give this to the older houses of Bangalore. They are so amazingly spacious and green. In fact yesterday, I happened to visit a new flat of someone's and found the rooms so small after having lived here. :)
Creating tags, hmm! Now you have provided me some insight for my next post. :-)

 
At 23 August, 2006, Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

living room looks beautiful...
i'm not at all a pet person and i do not understand or relate to fish tanks (last year one of my friends got a huge marine water tank installed in her living room n i was really felt sad for her - now she has both her kid as well as the aquarium to luk after!!)

 
At 23 August, 2006, Blogger RT said...

~swathi: Yeah! I share the same opinion about pets even now.
And about the fish tank, I dont do much except drop a few pellets of fishfood into the tank and watch them gobble up in no time. There are some wormy stuff also forming part of fishfood which i stay away from and let the husband handle that and getting rid dead fishes and cleaning the tank and all such miseries in life, :-)

 
At 23 August, 2006, Blogger Junius said...

cool fotos da,
:-)

 
At 24 August, 2006, Blogger That Girl said...

oooh!! i got some fishes myself just last week! 6 guppies.. they're in my little fishbowl right now... one died..when i transferred them.. a lot of it is stress i guess.

:) hello, first time in here. bloghopping while i work!

 
At 25 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i like your living room! looks spacious and airy and with a nice view too...yeah, the fish died probably coz of the new environs and the water but they'll be fine soon. A friend of mine has a huge aquarium and one of his fish which he had recently bought died :-( but others are still there, so worry not dear friend..may you have a great fish family soon :-)

 
At 29 August, 2006, Blogger RT said...

~endeavorme: Thanks much! :-)

~grafxgurl: Yeah! Now the fishes seem to have stabilized. And also like their surroundings or so I hope. :-) Welcome!

~ann: Fish "family" sounds much better. Much more managable. :-)
Its a nice house alright and expects you to pay a visit soon.

 
At 29 August, 2006, Blogger that girl in pink said...

hey RT, landed on your blog through megh's. was silently gushing over your apartment and came to ask you which city you live in.
and you live in bangalore, which is where i live! :)
nice to see that despite all the traffic and rude northies etc, some things about Bangalore are as beautiful as ever.

 
At 02 September, 2006, Blogger sinusoidally said...

Can I move in your living room? :-)

 
At 07 September, 2006, Blogger RT said...

~that girl in pink: Rude northies? I felt the local crowd has as much attitude in this city.
But yes! Its a lovely house and too bad that its not my own.

~sinusoidally: You are most welcome! We have a lovely guest bedroom as well. :-)

 
At 17 September, 2006, Blogger Jaiku said...

Home, Home Again
I like to be here when I can
And when I come home, cold and tired
Its Good to warm my bones besides the fire..
"Pink Floyd" , From "Breathe Reprise", Dark Side of the Moon, 1971...

That what you need a home for.

As for Space... after the congested hostel rooms at IITD, i guess anything looks spacious..

And chennai isnt rude pls.. I lived there for 17 yrs... I still visit it..

I am back to delhi, Vasant Kunj to be precise.. Back to all the mental pushing and shoving... It is a change from the physical pushing and shoving that i saw in bombay for 4 years.. Compared to all this, chennai is cool

And RT, where do u stay in chennai?

 
At 17 September, 2006, Blogger Jaiku said...

I meant where do your parents stay.. still in T Nagar?

 
At 17 September, 2006, Blogger RT said...

~kappal ottum tamizhan: Whats with the migration to Delhi. Dont tell me another stint at IIT..:)
I moved out of Bbay last diwali to Bangalore. Parents are in Bangalore too for the last 3 years. Its the in-laws whom I visit sometimes in Chennai.

 
At 18 September, 2006, Blogger Jaiku said...

ayyo, idukkumela padiccha, bakki irukkara thala mudi kuda kottidum...
I am posted here now , at the head quarters
Staying in vasant Kunj.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home