Friday, July 07, 2006

You're tagged, weirdo..!

Almost seems like I am back in these spaces after a lifetime. Things had gotten so busy that I hardly had any breather. Not even to read other blogs. Needless to say, I have a huge backlog to clear. Though things haven't changed too drastically as yet with respect to the busy-ness quotient, I will do my tiny bit of squawk in these spaces so that people (the regulars and irregulars who have come expectantly for a new post) have something new to see rather than the Omen I had put them through all these days..:-)
And what better way to break the ice by following a tag though that’s not quite the favorite thing to do.

So, the tag story goes this way. I have to be listing 5 weird things about myself and pass it to five others. It took me a while actually to congregate and classify some of the habits and actions as weird. Well, what does one do if everything about her is weird?..:-)

But I digress. Anyway, here goes:

- I can never remember telephone numbers, ATM Pins, birthdays, faces of the names, names of the faces et al. It’s more like I remember each of these individually. But when I go about putting them together to get a valid entity, I am lost. I have been butt of the jokes with friends and dear others on my memory leaks and lapses and life’s not gotten any better on this front. Also, I can mentally switch off if I do not want to be part of a conversation without the other person knowing. I am sometimes shocked at how effortlessly the mind goes off for a walk while the other person actually thinks I am listening to him/her. So I can definitely say for myself that I am never in boring company. :-)

- I am terrified of anything that is creepy-crawly. Of course, there are human varieties in this category. But I tend to stay away from the butterfly, moth, lizard, cockroach, bee varieties which leave their natural habitats and make an entry into the confines of my household and peace of mind subsequently. And the husband, being a naturalist, makes matters worse when he actually thinks its cool to do a course on Entomology from BNHS. Eww! But on the flipside, its good to have him around when the peace of mind needs restoration. He is pretty good at driving away the said intruders without actually murdering them (No! I am not so cruel to see them dead. I'd much like them back in their familiar territories) and I think its a super brave thing to do. :-)

- I sleep on my tummy. I have tried drifting to sleep in many postures in life. But the only posture that ensures instant slumber is the tummy one. While on sleep, I rarely dream and when I do, I never remember the events however vivid they might be. I can sometimes, vaguely recollect who I might have dreamt about and that’s about it. Rest is a dream. :-)

- I hate rains. Absolutely detest them and wish they go away and never ever come back. I am slightly tolerant to the first rain of the season wherever I am. But every subsequent occurrence is enough to get me into a swingy, tantrummy mood. Whoever associates romance to rains is someone I am awed by. I totally hate being drenched, splashed with muck and driving with the wipers on. So much that I hate my car getting wet too!

- I was born, and will die, a bournvita/milo person. I need my glass of hot chocolate milk every morning. In the absence of which I begin to develop withdrawal symptoms. I think I do know what it takes for the Rahul Mahajans and others of his tribe.

So there..!

Now that some of my weirdness is out for the folks to frown/dig upon, I'll leave the tag open to anyone in my bloglist. :-)

Adios...

5 Comments:

At 08 July, 2006, Blogger Chatter Box said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey arts, great to see something new on your post...finally.......! There are so many others that you didn't mention...5 is too less a number for you :-)

 
At 10 July, 2006, Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

though i love rains, an overdose of it is irritating - esp. when the place around u starts stinking.

 
At 11 July, 2006, Blogger RT said...

~anita: Hehe! Thats the disclaimer I had put in before I started on the post. Though I'd like to know what is weird for you?..:-)

~swathi: Having lived long in Bombay, I know how bad it can get. Bangalore is much better in that respect. But that does not change my sentiments. :-)

 
At 12 July, 2006, Blogger twip said...

you call THIS weird?

Come on RT, you can get weirder than that!
:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home